Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome

You'll probably get other explanations, but the way I see it is that internet marketing encompasses every aspect of marketing your site online, including email marketing, banner advertising, link exchanges, seo etc.,

Seo is a subset. It's where you focus on making your site search engine "friendly" and then work on getting the keywords / phrases you are focussed on to "rank" well ie. drive traffic and business to your site

Gman290

so for example...even off line stuff...line irishjobs sticking an add on the site of a bus in dublin to get people on to their site...would be a part of internet marketing?

I bought Internet Marketing and SEO for Dummies...so that will give me the basics.

RedCardinal

Hi

A newbie question...

Whats the diferent btwn SEO and Internet Marketing?

Thanks

G

In my view the distinction will blur more and more - if I could only offer to get people traffic I don't think I would be offering the optimal service. If I can help people get traffic and convert that traffic into money then I think what I offer is truly valuable.

I have a 4 month old blog post about this very issue. I might get around to actually finishing it some day (along with all the others...*sigh*)

Status
Not open for further replies.