Whats up with hostireland.com today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubl1nguy112

I have 2 sites hosted with them and one has been down all day the other just came up a while ago.

They said it was a DDoS attack, does anyone know any more?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
This isn't a support board for hosting companies.
I'd recommend you contact your hosting provider if you are having issues

dubl1nguy112

wooah!

Easy there Francis, I wasn't looking for support, as this is an 'Irish Webmaster' discussion forum I thought the subject might be of interest to the site visitors and perhaps encourage discussion of said subject which is related to the interests of Irish webmasters in general. :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Easy there Francis, I wasn't looking for support, as this is an 'Irish Webmaster' discussion forum I thought the subject might be of interest to the site visitors and perhaps encourage discussion of said subject which is related to the interests of Irish webmasters in general. :D
Well let's see... NO

And my name is not Francis

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I stand corrected, DDoS attacks on Irish web hosting companies are of absolutely no relevance to Irish Webmasters.
As I already told you. If you are having an issue with a hosting provider contact their support team.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

4-oh-4

And you really should be careful how you speak to forum admins ...

Take a temporary ban until you cool off

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken the time to join this site today as I totally object to your bullying tactics Blacknight! I was thinking of moving one of my websites from US hosing to Hostireland and thought I'd do a little background check to see what other webmasters had to say about it. I welcomed seeing in my SE results that there was a post titled "What's up with hostireland today" but see that you did not allow discussion between webmasters so I am none the wiser on what peoples opinions were/are on them.

That is what I wanted to read: not that they should contact their service providers. I was looking for opinions from people across the board who could enlighten me as to their experiences with hostireland. You have denied me that option on your 'webmaster' open forum.

Funnily and ironicially, I had to go through the motions of agreeing to the forum guidelines to write this and low and behold look what it says: you aught to read it and take it on board.

6. Everyone has a different viewpoint, they should be respected. (Or is that booted off because you don't agree with them!)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Seems no problems talking about register365 in the forums tho - lots of threads ;)
The original post on this thread is ancient.

The original poster seemed to have posted here BEFORE contacting anyone else, which was why I replied as above.

4-oh-4

It may be ancient (tell the spiders that) but it is exactly the kind of topic which could have been relevant to me today (if it had been allowed) in my search for what people think of hostireland. It seems like a valid topic for discussion to me.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It may be ancient (tell the spiders that) but it is exactly the kind of topic which could have been relevant to me today (if it had been allowed) in my search for what people think of hostireland. It seems like a valid topic for discussion to me.
I won't disagree with you :)

The problem is that some of the forums were getting swamped by people posting instead of contacting the providers first

If you look on here there are plenty of posts about most of the Irish hosting providers

link8r

It's no wonder that, in the middle of a Monday afternoon, after years of existence there's only 12 people and 7 bots in this forum .

*waits for ban*

That's not the way to encourage more users either. I honestly haven't noticed any problems with the way that this privately owned forum is administrated or used.

This is BK's forum ... I wouldn't take abuse on it either. And I've found them to be very fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.