where can Non Irish Residents can register .ie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGP

Hello,

i want to register a few .ie tlds but only Irish residents (and Irish based companies or holders of TM) can register...

does anyone know an easy (and of course "cheap" :eek:) way for non irish residents to register a .ie ?

any assistance would be highly appreciated!!!!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need to be an Irish resident to register a .ie domain
You do, however, need to show a "connection" with Ireland

So if you wanted to register a domain name for your business to sell into the Irish market you could

But if you wanted to simply register a .ie domain you'd have difficulty

KGP

so if i state that i am going to built a lets say affiliate site... does this mean that there is a valid reason?

bear in mind that i dont have an active business (sole or companywise) registered, so i have to register it at my name with my local address

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The key thing is showing a link / connection to Ireland.

If you can't show any current connection to Ireland or a very prepared one for future business , then they won't let you register the domain

KGP

i know that it might be stupid asking... but can you give me an example? especially in my case as to how i can "show a link" for a website that is going to have affiliate content?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
i know that it might be stupid asking... but can you give me an example? especially in my case as to how i can "show a link" for a website that is going to have affiliate content?
Do you have any connection to Ireland?

Where are you based?

KGP

i am based in Greece

the only connection with Ireland i had is when i studied 99 minutes away from Dublin in north wales (in UK) -just teasing...-

well i am planning to open/launch a few websites for irish traffic thats why i need desperately a solution to this issue

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you have any Irish clients then you could show some kind of link - without that I'm afraid I can't think of anything ..

KGP

well i dont think i have any irish clients and the affiliate networks i work with are based in UK.

and even if i find any irish client (maybe an affiliate network) how can i "prove" that i do business with them to the registry -i pressume-?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
and even if i find any irish client (maybe an affiliate network) how can i "prove" that i do business with them to the registry -i pressume-?
Copy of an invoice would *probably* do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.