Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Since there seems to be a LOT of talk about social media marketing and how some companies are doing it really well and others are doing it really badly ..

So, in your own experience, which companies or organisations have you seen doing cool things?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Well honestly ... ye are ..

Ye seem to have a nice following on twitter and facebook ... ye respond to the more simple queries via twitter and sometimes the more tricky I guess depending on if its your or paul or someone else answering ...

Ye've got some nice extras on your facebook page .. the advertising bits *cough cough* :D ...

And ye are running some nice discounts and promotions on there

Couple that with the promos in your newsletters and I've no idea what else ye are on but ye seem to be doing things right. Connecting with your customers with other "domainer" type orgs .. showcasing some of your products that people find useful *cough cough* ... and so on

I've seen some horrible examples of people in a similar boat to ye with potentially more followers on twitter but way less interaction not to mention my Cat Squishy | Facebook seems to have more of a following than some companies.

I've also come across some of the bigger companies (no I won't name names) but they promised (well said) something would happen and it didn't this was on a personal DM via twitter level.

I'm not actively following that many groups and so on but the Theatres for the most part on the likes of facebook seem to have the right idea (I've a page setup for one and its semi off into the wild for it .. growing slowly but nicely of its own accord at the moment ..)

I'm not really sure how many other companies I follow as such on there

Probably some of the Tutorial / theme sites are pretty good as well while they are more information they are most certainly in it for the business side of things at this stage and making a pretty penny I'd say .. psdtuts and so on

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Well thanks :)

But what about big companies etc.,?

I've seen a few like AxelMusic doing promos

Some of the TV shows seem to be pretty active, though we can't view a lot of their content due to GeoIP restrictions ..

Are there any really good examples out there of companies with BIG follower number eg. 10k+ on Facebook 10k+ on Twitter

By comparison our following is tiny! (Though your cat is still doing a lot better than a lot of companies!)

Forbairt

Well thanks :)

But what about big companies etc.,?

I've seen a few like AxelMusic doing promos

Some of the TV shows seem to be pretty active, though we can't view a lot of their content due to GeoIP restrictions ..

Are there any really good examples out there of companies with BIG follower number eg. 10k+ on Facebook 10k+ on Twitter

I use social media for my social circle I guess ... the bigger companies haven't interested me that much hence ... I wouldn't know would be the simple answer.

Redfly

I think Komplett do a fantastic job and are a shining example of a company that "gets it".

They realize that it's not a sales channel but a communications channel.

Bk, you guys are OK at it too I guess ;)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen a few people mention Komplett as well - I'm not really in their target demographic :)

What about the likes of Vodafone or Eircom?

Forbairt

I think Komplett do a fantastic job and are a shining example of a company that "gets it".

They realize that it's not a sales channel but a communications channel.

++ :)

I do like Komplett as well ... I buy and recommend from them and I love on one occasion where I mentioned another company ( Fnac ) and they said they love them personally ...

Again nice to have a company you deal with who are .. "real" :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Fnac wouldn't be competing in the same space ...

Are Fnac on Twitter or Facebook?

Forbairt

Fnac wouldn't be competing in the same space ...

Are Fnac on Twitter or Facebook?

Honestly not checked :) though yes instore and postal can't compete .. 10 euro I think difference between their prices at the time. (which you could say is postage but ... multiple items and same postage .. or to their base delivery = cheaper service from komplett)

And well I don't look for HMV online (though I do like finding out about offers from them)

archiseek

KLM are doing a nice little facebook tie-in at the moment - allowing you to create lugggage tags selecting images from your facebook photos

mailmrluke

I really liked Bord Gais iPhone app launch last week. Did a blog post on it here. Last year they spoke to bloggers before the mainstream media when announcing their entry into the electricity supply market. AFAIK they were one of the first in Ireland to do that (or certainly the largest co. at the time), and launching the app in that way was a bit more original and proactive than just getting setting up a Facebook / Twitter.

Fintan

Vodafone do some interesting things in the UK with social media monitoring, they have it hooked into their Customer Service system and raise tickets, track network issues etc

ASOS run a good facebook fan page

Status
Not open for further replies.