Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Which CRM are people using these days?

Apart from the contact management stuff I'd need something that can generate quotes ..

Just thought I'd look around, as I haven't for quite some time ..

link8r

Hi BK,

I use something I botched together in VB about 6 years ago! I am going to switch though as we use Salesforce.com over at WebCare.ie, which incorporates digital signatures on the contracts using DocuSign. It also manages our trouble tickets, client access information (to edit sites), pipeline and so on. Its really impressive.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Does it generate quotes?
How much is it?

From what I recall from talking to them a few months back the quote module pushed the price up considerably, which was one of the reasons we didn't pursue it further

jsweb

That sounds like a very abrupt comment ;)

I hope the suggestions of BaseCamp offering such as "FreshBooks" and "Simply Invoices" were helpful?

AS for Kayako - We use it every day to capture and manage our clients information, their work jobs, time assignments, costings/billing; sending newsletters and managing/tracking quotes. Hence my suggestion that "we find it more useful";

Was just trying to be helpful.

Regards - Jamie

Regards - Jamie

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing

Erm think you're suggesting 3 pieces of software there ? do they all intergrate together ?

I use freshbooks quite a bit personally very handy but I wouldn't recommend it as CRM software

AS for Kayako - We use it every day to capture and manage our clients information, their work jobs, time assignments, costings/billing; sending newsletters and managing/tracking quotes. Hence my suggestion that "we find it more useful";

How does it handle quote management / tracking ? Is there a module I don't know about .. can it deal with invoicing as well ?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing

Erm think you're suggesting 3 pieces of software there ? do they all intergrate together ?

I use freshbooks quite a bit personally very handy but I wouldn't recommend it as CRM software

How does it handle quote management / tracking ? Is there a module I don't know about .. can it deal with invoicing as well ?

SugarCRM used be quite a nice bit of software but it's a few years since I've used it hopefully it has improved vastly (as it was a beast to run 3 years ago)

jsweb

SugarCRM is nice, There is a read me and free trial available at Download Sugar Community Edition | SugarCRM - Commercial Open Source CRM

>> Erm think you're suggesting 3 pieces of software there ? do they all intergrate together ?

I was trying to provide some available options (which each work stand alone) but have the added advantage of also integrating with BaseCamp ;) - Hopefully one of the mentioned helped towards the original question "I'd need something that can generate quotes"

As for Kayako. We've used it for a number of years now; Primarily as a helpdesk for our clients to raise tickets and work requests. We have categories, predefines and filters in place to allow us to organise tickets and assign work to the team. Each team member working on a ticket can track their own time and add billing costs which the customer is kept up to date with. We've now integrated this with SAGE for our accounts needs.

If you are starting afresh; then do check out the listed range at BaseCamp (you don't need to be using Basecamp as they are all stand alone). - One of our clients uses "http://invotrak.com/" and tell me good things about that too.

I hope that helps

link8r

Its not cheap - its a few bob each month but we got a 50% discount (ex-colleague works there) - so its worked out fine. Its very polished and intuitive, worth the money, IMHO

link8r

That's a big chunk of change unless you're doing high volume / margin sales :eek:

Well, it reduces a lot of the workload for us (WebCare, not Primary Position). The Docusign feature means that we can design, deliver and get a signature back from a client without any delays. In minutes. No waiting on post. Also, 2 of the directors are located in different buildings (but still in the National Technology Park) - so it allows seamless communication flow.

We only need certain users (about 20% of headcount) to have a login.

Spending money on things that greatly simplify your processes hugely saves you money on running around following them

Status
Not open for further replies.