Which email marketing package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitePhantom

Hi folks,

Just wondering what email marketing package you would recommend?

I used Constant Contact previously and thought it quite good - very easy to use and inexpensive for what you get - but lately I've received a few Constant Contact emails from different senders which went straight to my Spam folder, reason being their spam rating was 4.4 (anything greater than 3.0 is considered spam). The 4.4 was made up of the following :

"2.0 RCVD_IN_NERDS_US RBL: Received from the United States [208.75.123.166 listed in zz.countries.nerd.dk]"

"1.1 Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist [URIs: constantcontact.com]"

and

"1.3 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS"

So obviously that's not good! I don't want to send out emails only to have them end up in someone's Spam folder.

So.... where to go from here? I'm looking for something that will be working with about 5,000 emails to start with, working up towards about 20,000.

Thanks!
WP.

garycocs

I definitely prefer mailchimp to constant contact, cleaner emails, easier to use.

Not sure about the rating? Would be interested in finding out.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
nerds refers to where the mailserver is located and the score will vary depending on who is running the mailserver (receiver)

WhitePhantom

Thanks for the replies folks! I like Constant Contact because it's so easy to use and comes in the top 10 of various Email Marketing Services reviews that I've read - it's the Greylist thing that's making me a bit wary. What does greylist mean and why would something be greylisted?

I get what you're saying blacknight re the emails being sent from the US - so does that mean that all emails from them are more likely to be marked as spam?

nevf

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I have spent months looking for applications like these - mailchimp looks brilliant, as does spinnakerpro.

I have used campaignmonitor in trial runs. It's biggest advantage is it's ability to allow you to measure results. But they make you pay likewise, or so I find when Icompare their prices to other guys in the industry.

link8r

Webcare.ie (where I'm a director) have run about 15 campaigns with SpinnarkerPro since October, which have included joint mailings with our other partners, and it hasn't cost us a penny yet while we've seen staggeringly good opening rates.

nevf

Webcare.ie (where I'm a director) have run about 15 campaigns with SpinnarkerPro since October, which have included joint mailings with our other partners, and it hasn't cost us a penny yet while we've seen staggeringly good opening rates.

Spinnaker seems to have a lot of recommendations.. Perhaps it might be worth me trying. I hope its better than some of the others I've tried...

link8r

If you get anyway stuck, talk to Dave Ewing - he's incredibly helpful. That's another huge difference between them and other companies - you can pick up the phone and speak to someone in Ireland (Limerick more specifically, which means they're less stressed from spending hours in bumper to bumper traffic [/end joke])

Status
Not open for further replies.