Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
on the plus side ... its quite handy for meetings ...for bringing work over to someone else and showing them what the problems are.

The bringing the laptop home can be cool as well (one of my first experiences was managing to lock myself out of the laptop by trying to join it to my home network .. so if you do go that route and ye have an IT admin give a brief intro to connecting the laptop to your home network could be a plus.

Not knowing how critical the information within your company is as well you may want to lock down security on certain things. (A laptop getting stolen with your complete client list on it could be a bad thing)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
In our case most of the sensitive data isn't stored on individual computers - thankfully!

The security side of things is, of course, a very serious worry.

If a staff member were to install dodgy software on their laptop while outside the office they could possibly introduce something to the network on their return.

Thankfully we just hired someone who should be able to help sort out these kind of issues!

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
If a staff member were to install dodgy software on their laptop while outside the office they could possibly introduce something to the network on their return.

Which is why we never had Admin rights on the laptops ( which can also be a nightmare when trying to install something )

Another place I worked .. gave people more rights based on time without an incident ... (which while quite a cool idea .. ultimately lead to things going kaboom for some people :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.