Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo

If we could afford to buy our own server and just have hosting365 colocate it, you're looking at maybe €1200 a year, plus the cost of the server. No way we can afford that.

Ok thanks. For some reason I thought it was a lot cheaper.
Mind you ... if you had a half decent site you could make €1200 per year from Google ads.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thou jesteth.
When you say "half-decent", exactly how many tads off a squidgeen of hits per month are we talking about?

The volume of traffic may help, but it's the type of traffic that matters.

For example, this site had almost the same level of traffic last week as another site I manage, yet the earnings were completely different, as you lot don't click much on the adsense links :)

(I'm not expecting you to either - it's more to prove a point)

If you have a site that targets users that don't suffer from banner / adsense blindness you can earn quite well.

Have a look at some of the threads in the adsense forum to get an idea

Dan

Michele, how much are you paying this guy? ;-)

seriously though - we were hosting with Digiweb for a while, but then they got into the Broadband game, and started completely ignoring their hosting customers. We finally got fed up with that and switched all of our hosted sites over to Synergy (synergy-int.net). Brian Johnsson is pretty fanatical about his stuff, which is nice.

It was true, and it was a fair point.

I'm not big into self-promotion, but I'd like to just say something about this. Until June of last year, the hosting at Digiweb wasn't given the attention it deserved. It had to be corrected, and I joined Digiweb last year to help make that happen.

In September, we relaunched everything hosting related, and put a dedicated team of five people in place to handle it - every member with a good history of hosting support and real knowledge of this industry. We've also re-hauled all the technology that we use to get the right level of automation, monitoring and reliability that the users need. We're even opening our own datacentre within the next month.

We're trying pretty hard to re-establish trust and confidence in what we are providing, and I like to think that we see some evidence of that returning.

Lastly, I want to say sorry to people like kae, who we let down in the past. We won't let this happen again - we're back for good now.

kae

Thanks Dan - sorry for the bad press; it really was painful at the time to try and get through to anyone who could help us when something went wrong.

Admittedly, for the first few years (before the spread into other areas), the hosting support was very good. If you've gotten to that level again as you say, then we may be back to you again when we need a new server.

davidbehan

It was true, and it was a fair point.

I'm not big into self-promotion, but I'd like to just say something about this. Until June of last year, the hosting at Digiweb wasn't given the attention it deserved. It had to be corrected, and I joined Digiweb last year to help make that happen.

In September, we relaunched everything hosting related, and put a dedicated team of five people in place to handle it - every member with a good history of hosting support and real knowledge of this industry. We've also re-hauled all the technology that we use to get the right level of automation, monitoring and reliability that the users need. We're even opening our own datacentre within the next month.

We're trying pretty hard to re-establish trust and confidence in what we are providing, and I like to think that we see some evidence of that returning.

Lastly, I want to say sorry to people like kae, who we let down in the past. We won't let this happen again - we're back for good now.
It'll take a bit to turn the image of Digiweb hosting around I'd say. I think a clear distinction between the hosting side of Digiweb and the broadband side is clearly distinguished for your prospects and customers. Personally I can't see myself ever hosting with them from an impression of the company I formed in a meeting about 6 years ago but I do wish you all the best with it and I hope you do well. Life must be a little different in Dundalk than Park West! :D

Rgds,

Dave

p.s. hope to see you a bit involved on this forum too Dan! :)

Dan

Well, I imagine its changed a bit in six years...

We're not in Dundalk, I'm afraid to say (but I do like Dundalk!) - we're in Blanchardstown. I miss the plaza in Park West though, too handy.

davidbehan

Well, I imagine its changed a bit in six years...

We're not in Dundalk, I'm afraid to say (but I do like Dundalk!) - we're in Blanchardstown. I miss the plaza in Park West though, too handy.
I agree but it was more the attitude of the people I met at the time... but I was young and inexperienced as well so maybe the attitude to me would be different now! :D

They still have the main operation running out of Dundalk don't they? I thought they only moved to new buildings on the old by-pass in the past year or so or is everything moved to Blanch?

jmcc

It will be nice to see some competition at the top of the Irish hosting market again. :) The guys at the top (H365/Novara/Eircom/Blacknight/Irishdomains) need it.

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It will be nice to see some competition at the top of the Irish hosting market again. :) The guys at the top (H365/Novara/Eircom/Blacknight/Irishdomains) need it.

Regards...jmcc

Competition is always healthy :)

D

Deleted member 444

H365 and Blacknight at the mo.

Also LMFAO @ http://www.nouptime.com :D

Status
Not open for further replies.