Who is responsible for content

Status
Not open for further replies.

squibs

I always specify that my clients come up with the text content. I will assist in collating the information, finding spelling and grammar mistakes, etc. as a courtesy. I recommend the services of a trusted copywriter if content might be an issue. And this is explained to the client from the word go and in the contract.

I currently have a client, who some ways into the project, is incredulous that we don't produce the content. Do some web designers here see content provision as their role?

Drang3d

Usually the written content is the responsibility of the client. We outline this to the client at the start. We also provide copywriting services as an option but the client is billed for this accordingly.

squibs

Thanks Drang3d, you do the same as I do then. If anybody else has an opinion, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I'd always put the onus on the client to provide the content. I pretty much tell them that from the beginning.

davidbehan

Client provides content but I'll give some guidelines of what I'm looking for to go into the site. If they can't provide it, i'll recommend a copy writer but most don't want to spend money in that area. Decent copy could cost around 2k for a brochure site.

MickyWall

Copy writers are an expense that most businesses wouldn't be willing to pay for.

I always try and dig around or ask if there is any existing company literature?

I also try and provide a structure to base the content around, so e.g. I'll maybe suggest to the client that he lists the general areas that they cover, the services they provide and the sectors that they work in and the clients that they would like to list within those sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.