Why has no one started an Irish Affiliate Management Company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiiper

There isn't one is there? It's been a while since I was looking closely at it - back in 06 I built www(dot)irish-deals.com but it was putting the cart before the horse! I had a few affiliate sites in the UK and assumed that I would be able to stock an Irish site just as easily. Wrong. I gave up on it and now it just lies there moribund and long forgotten!

Surely there's an opportunity there for someone to set-up a bespoke Irish Affiliate Management company and promote the value of affiliate marketing to all those Irish companies who need to increase sales in these lean times?

Does anyone else wonder why or know the answer as to why this has not happened?

My renewed interest is sparked by the fact that I am about to launch a designer childrens clothing site and I want to set up an affiliate campaign giving fantastic commissions!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Several of the international affiliate companies are actively targetting the Irish market, with TradeDoubler having offices in Dublin.

The problem is one of volumes.

The Irish market is quite small, so I suspect that it wouldn't be viable to run it, unless it was just an arm of an existing operation

Web Templates

Affiliate marketing is not restricted by boundaries, many products are digital and location really does not matter. I'm guessing why you do not see a localized affiliate program.

KGP

1) the market is small
2) most people recognize and buy from brands already available in UK
3) you speak english and based on the '2" why setup another one team for the same target group (more or less)
4) the irish market overall is small... in terms of business wanted to expand overseas
5) the market is not liberalized fully...even for an .ie domain you have to give an arm and a leg in order to be able to register it lol

paddy12

^you've said it all.But I would be interested to partner with anyone who wants to start an affiliate company :D

Status
Not open for further replies.