Wordpress 2.6 and uploading images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Is anyone experiencing problems trying to upload images via the rich text editor in both flash and browser mode? I go through the entire process and add my image but it doesn't appear. I then copy the URL into my browser and the image isn't on the on the server. Boo!

louie

It seems the problem is with IE (it does upload but doesn't insert it into the post), but when I use FF it works perfect.

Did you chmod the images folder?

eamo

I have real problems with the WP image uploader. It's clunky and awkward and does not always work. They really need to do something there.

Dotwebs

I have problems with the flash one - but that didn't surprise me as I've had the same issues with a rte I use for cms. It's some security thing on the server that I don't understand - running activex or something, perhaps Michele would know what this is. The answer was to add a .htaccess to the root with:
Code:
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

edit: Oh, I see this is all explained here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/164999

lugus

My way of getting around this, which doesn't involve plug-ins, is to insert all your images into a dummy post, that way they will automatically show up in the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.