Wordpress Comments - Author Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipboyle

Just a couple of quick questions that I'm sure someone here must know the answer too. I use Wordpress for my blog at work. Some people who leave comments have their own image beside their name, others just get the default Wordpress avatars. I've looked around the Wordpress authors pages and searched their own website and can't find any information about how to add an image to an author, apart from with a plugin.

So, first of all, is a plugin the only way to add a picture to an author in Wordpress, or am I missing something simple?

How does my blog get the external commenter's picture if I don't use the author image plugin - is it getting it from their Wordpress installation, or a central source?

Sorry if these seem daft - they've just been bugging me this morning as I can't find a clear explanation anywhere!

philipboyle

Thanks for the answer. It's remarkably un-straightforward to find out about this and set it up. Done now anyway. Cheers.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
on a similar different note ... a lot of the comment stuff resides in the core unfortunately (saw cormac mentioning it the other day on twitter and I'd come across it before when theming i accept cookies and realising **** that shouldn't be in there)

Status
Not open for further replies.