Wordpress Plugin Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

garycocs

Hi Lads,

Just wondering if someone could recommend a plugin for wordpress for me.

What I'm looking for is a hacked dashboard for certain users.

Basically I've a site karaoke youtube where I want users to add a link to you tube and select a category. Click submit and voila. So instead of registered users going to the dashboard and adding a post, the post is basically a you tube link or something?

I'm thinking will I just build the site myself but wordpress brings some nice features in, rss feeds, twitter etc etc that would take a bit of work building into the site?

Any recommendations or advice appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

Juice

Not sure exactly what you mean - do you want registered users to only be able to post links to Youtube?

Never heard of plugin that does that, but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there.

garycocs

Yes basically.

i.e. a post only contains a link to you tube??

More I'm thinking about it more I'm guessing I'll have to get off my lazy ass and build something?

littleBird

Way late on this suggestions perhaps you could hook into the 'Post via E-mail 'facility of Wordpress. Setup a Form which sends an email to address established special to receive remote posts (Admin >> Settings >> Writing). You then retain full admin control, have no need to create user accounts and can get away with having to build a custom system.

This could lead to SPAM problems if you don't find a cunning way to obfuscate the email address. But it is certainly a possibility... many months later :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.