Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

I like those two plugins they both work well.

As for the extra SQL queries, I have no idea. They are being used on my SEO blog (hosted by you) so if you want, feel free to log into my account and take a peek. If you need login details let me know.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Gavin

It's more of a general reflection

Since I started using caching I've seen huge performance increases :)

Michele

johnmryan

From my post on top wordpress Plugins

I use:
WP Notable: "Notable displays a series of icons below each post allowing your readers to easily submit you to many different social bookmarking and networking sites."

FlickrRSS: Flickr images on your homepage, a great tool for integrating your photos on your blog.

Related Posts: Related Posts is great for you and your readers, when it comes to reader retention, that is keeping people on your site, its a nice option to let people be able to read posts related to other articles you wrote. Related posts does just that.

Ultimate tag Warrior: This is the essential Tag Tool for wordpress, there is so much you can do with it, each post can be tagged.

Google Sitemaps: After all your hard work posting, its a good idea to make sure Google Search Engine knows about every page/post on your site. Google Sitemaps does just that, simple to install, once you have set it up head over to Google Webmaster site, and you can inform Google of the location of the Sitemap file.

The Post

InteractiveMill

I use SeeTheFace's Wordpress Plugin . Bloggers can upgrade their wordpress blog to a video blog instantaneously. It allows bloggers to add video recording capabilities to their blogs just by doing a few mouse clicks.

garycocs

Robbed from other site but handy

Akismet - Is a spam filter that checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they are spam or not, also checks the trackbacks for spam.

Ultimate Tag Warrior - Best Tag system for WordPress. You can use categories and tag system on one website which is very cool.

Exec-PHP - Execute PHP code in posts or static pages. When this plugin is on you can add php code to static pages or even posts.

Google Sitemaps - This generator will create a Google compliant sitemap of your WordPress blog.
No Ping Wait - Speeds up posting by moving generic pings to execute-pings.php.

PXS Mail Form - Creates a mail form with multipart verification, various messages and an auto redirect on successful send. It is much more easy to contact with website author.

Super Archive - Implements a dynamic archive, the best archives system i know.

SRG Clean Archives - Super clean archive. Very simple and useful.
WP lightbox 2 - Overlay images on the current page for WordPress. You can turn it on and all images are now working with it.

fQuick - Sidenotes, short notes for WordPress. You can place it for example in sidebar.

CG-FlashyTitles - Implementation of sIFR 2.0 Flash-based - Nice graphical flash titles for WP. Very easy to install.

flickrRSS - Integrate the photos from a flickr rss feed into your site. Show flickr photos on your website.

Feedburner Feed Replacement - Forwards all feed traffic to Feedburner while creating a randomized feed for Feedburner to pull from.

Gravatars - Adds a nice looking graphic next to the persons comments.

Get Recent Comments - Display the most recent comments or trackbacks with your own formatting in the sidebar or where you want.

WP Paginate - Create pagination for pages. It is the best plugin for that makes navigation easy with many static pages.

wp-notable - Add social bookmark links such as digg or del.icio.us to each blog entry

Adsense-Deluxe - Support for AdSense ads and allows you to add ads to posts.

WP-ContactForm - A way for people to contact you without actually emailing you, saves time, and great way to avoid spam.

PodPress - Got a podcast? PodPress makes it really easy to post podcasts, also includes an inline media player.

Related Posts - Link to related posts on your blog, which is based on the content of the post.

gav240z

So far
WP-Contact-Form
All-In-One SEO Pack for Meta data control and title tag control.
Will be using the Feedburner plugin when I get a moment.
Askimet (Absolutely neccessary for filtering spam).

I like the related posts plugin- will have to look into it.

keithshirley

I use WP-DB-Backup to make a dump of the blog database and have it mailed to me. I always try to have backups automated.

For those of you with large blogs the load might be an issue however.

Keith

mccomf

wp plugins

I use these :
All in one SEO - SEO settings
ShortStats - wp statistics
Category Order - order your categories
WP - print - print your posts and pages
Lightbox 2 - java script popup images
I cannot post links so use google to search for them

Status
Not open for further replies.