wordpress two point five, what's the verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

I can't grow to love that the new admin panel.

It's hideous and so many of the primary functions in the writing section are below the fold.

The categories and upload images are waaaay down the fold but they have a menu in the sidebar for related functions (manage comments / posts / categories, view drafts). Arrg! Why couldn't they put the categories list there?

Has anybody tried to upload an image? Jasus! Talk about making a simple function the most confusing thing ever. It's totally over complicated.

paul

Ninja
I quite like it, I think the WYSIWYG is a little easier and more responsive.

You are right about the image upload, you can now set what you want it to resize to in some of the settings.

I'm not a fan of the red/orange bar, as every time I see it I think there is a problem !

D

Deleted member 444

I like the new dashboard, it's more tidy/minimal.
The rest... meh.

gav240z

Haven't used it yet...

I haven't used it yet, just seen screen casts. Seemed ok from what I saw.

Was there much drama in updating? Did it break any plugins or layout?

Just wondering what changed (as I believe this was a fairly big update).

Cormac

There is a one click plugin updater which hooks up to WP's plugin directory. That's the main thing of interest from my perspective.

The editor does look nicer but I never had too many problems with the previous one.

jennyrusks

I think it takes a bit of getting used to some of the functions underneath the post section.

Is there anyway around that stupid image upload where it asks you what size you want the image to be? Everytime I use it I have to go into the code and remove the size it puts in the img tag. I just want them to stay at the size I upload...

grandad

The one feature I like about it is the updater. It makes the maintenance of several blogs very easy.

Grandad uses Windows Live Writer to do composition. This handles all the image sizing and uploading and makes the whole process very slick. Even a prat like himself can use it!

D

Deleted member 444

(hopefully bold pink writing will get your attention)
You already had my attention, the bold pink text was just mean :(

Here, have some bold pink comic sans *shakes fist*

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.