Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyrusks

Hello!

I upgraded my site - which runs completely on wordpress - from 2.5 to 2.7 earlier today. I used the automatic upgrade plugin which has worked fine on two other blogs that I upgraded to 2.7, but it's gone belly-up on my main site. Sh**e!

The strange thing is, it was working fine after the upgrade but when I went back in this evening I'm getting this message.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/content/j/e/n/jennyrusks11/html/wp-load.php on line 46

I'm getting the same message when I go to the loging page.

The web address is http://www.laughingliondesign.net. I saved the database before upgrading so at least I have that but I'm just wondering if any of you have had this problem and how you got out of it. Thanks for your help

Jennifer

babyboy808

It would be simple to enough to fix.

Save your entire wordpress install to your local machine + SQL file (which you already have). Do a fresh install of 2.7 and import your SQL db and replace the wp-content directory (plugins + theme + images ) etc

jennyrusks

Ok will attempt that, Babyboy.

I was hoping you might say something like "click your heels together 3 times and say 'wordpress fix thyself' in a dreamy voice".

thanks for the help!

babyboy808

Ok will attempt that, Babyboy.

I was hoping you might say something like "click your heels together 3 times and say 'wordpress fix thyself' in a dreamy voice".

thanks for the help!

Unfortunately not :) - If you run into trouble, shoot me a PM with your IM details.

jennyrusks

Am sorted now thanks!

In case anyone has the same problem and gets the same error message, here are the steps I took to fix it.

1. Kick laptop around the room for 5 mins. Check for result. Still not working.

2. Fall to knees, raise arms skywards and cry out "why God, why?" Check for result. Still not working.

3. Ask for help on Twitter and Irish Webmaster Forum.

4. Upload wp-load.php and wp-login.php again - Working!!

Thanks again Babyboy and also David Kelly

Jennifer

davkell

No hassle Jennifer, good to see it worked (I wouldn't discount the fix being a delayed reaction from steps 1 & 2 though :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.