www.getdigs.ie - please review our wesite

Status
Not open for further replies.

getdigs

Hi everyone, www.getdigs.ie has been in existence for 12 months now. We recently changed the look of the website and also re-structured the organisation. We are in the process of increasing the cost of Homeowner registration from 5 to 15 euro. As a learning process I would like to get peoples opinion on the site.
regards and thanks
Tony

php.allstar

Hi,

My first (5 second) impression of the homepage was there was way too much text. Can you put a big bold headline at the top saying what you do in 5 to 7 words?

On the lower portion of the page I like the split but again, I would cut down on the text here, introduce a clichéd stock image of some sort and then have two really clear call to actions buttons for both homeowners and lodgers to find out more respectively.

link8r

Hi Tony,

Have been watching this site ( I think I first saw it 2/3 years ago) for a while - what's missing is that you're not listing locations on the home page. It just looks like nobody has signed up!

I think its a good idea and I can't remember the last design but it wasn't awful. I think letting people get a glimpse of available locations will be crucial

Schism

Nice looking site but agree that listings need to be prominent and highlighted on the home page - that is the whole point of the site after all!

Is there much of a market or demand for this in Ireland though?

You also need to get social sharing icons on your home page - Facebook, Twitter, Google+. That is pretty crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.