Status
Not open for further replies.

Donagh

http://www.loopthing.com/ is the site. Any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

The site is a social networking site for businesses. Our main target is SME businesses. Do you think this is portrayed enough on the site? Would you have figured it out yourself if I hadn't told you?

As well as a general review, any views on the ease (or lack there of) in navigating the site is welcome.

Nearly all the bugs have been worked out(hopefully)but if you guys come across anything I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me what it is and what browser version you were using ;)

Is there anything that annoys you about about the site?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any feedback.

Donagh

gbonnet

Hi Donagh,

I discovered your website 2 days ago via Twitter when we got in touch. I cleary understood what it was about quickly so I guess you description is good enough.

I signed up today and gave it a shot. Here are a few points I that I noticed :

- Once logged in I created my company profile easily.
One thing which is not super handy : the "Quick Actions Menu" disappears when you select a subpage for instance, the 'Pictures' or 'Videos'.

- Regarding the profile direct link, for instance :
Blueface - Loopthing
It's not user friendly nor search engine friendly.
Something like :
http://www.loopthing.com/business/company_name/ would be best.
What do you think ?

- When you upload a media file you need to wait a little bit before the listing updates. It would be good to specify that, since the 1st time I was a bit perplex.

I think your website, and the service that goes with it, is great : it's super easy/quick to get started, the display is pleasant and that represents free e-visibility.
I really like the way to save text field by simply clicking on something else.

Good luck with this!

Donagh

I thought I replied to this yesterday, weird!

Thanks for signing up to the site gbonnet. The Blueface profile is looking excellent. The media you uploaded is just the type of content we are looking for, thanks :)

I take your point about the quick action menu. The reason that it disappears is because the pictures and videos page is publically viewable, while the menu is intended to be only seen on pages on pages that are private to the individual users. I take it you found it annoying having to swith between navigation methods?

Yes I see what you mean about the direct links. We'll be making a big SEO push so this is certainly one of the things we need to have a look at.

I think we have a piece of text telling people that the media files might take a few a little bit to update. I'll have a gawk at it now. It might need more highlighting if we do, i'll add it if we don't

Thanks for the feedback and the best wishes :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The important text on the main page is below the fold, so I can't see it unless I scroll down

Donagh

The important text on the main page is below the fold, so I can't see it unless I scroll down

Yes I noticed that too myself Blacknight. It happens to users on lower resoloutions. I wasn't too sure how much of an issue it was going to be. I'll have a think about it.

Thanks for the feedback

garycocs

Could I ask ya where you got your icons? I'm trying to get a few icons for my pub review site and I'm looking for something like that or like the ones on Center'd – People, places, plans

Also I'd put the "Loopthing allows every business to come online and network with one another, as well as providing customers with detailed information on their products or services." at the top where the yellow box is, need to explain briefly what you're up to!

garycocs

garycocs check out famfamfam.com: Home and Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos

Thanks for the feedback

P.S I was reviewing a pub on your site and when I saw the 'talent' option I burst out laughing. Quality!

Hahaha ya people say that the odd time all right, no idea what I would have put instead of that? It's definitely an important factor in pub vetting :D Ya building a new version and need a few icons (well actually need a logo too!) and I HATE PSP

Nice wan for pointing me in the right direction too!

Alhazred De Sane

I agree with previous comments about the placement of the site description being too low on the page. Also, I was registering but ran into a spot of confusion when adding my business details - where does a Web Design company fit into the list of options? I'd suggest adding Internet or something similar as an option.

Donagh

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a think about either repositioning it or adding something else that'll catch the atention.

In regard to your question, we have an 'information technology' section that has a web design category. Once you register you can also change what category you are in using the 'my business industries' link on the dashboard. YOu can be in multiple categories using this feature ;) Hope you like the site?

Lalaki

Hi Donagh,

Left hand side navigation. Hover over "Increase Profits". You will see that you left out an "i" after the "b" in possibilities.

Sorry for being that pedantic, but I know how important it is to look professional right across the board.

;)

googlegeek

Well, the logos of your website is not impressive at all. White color is always welcome. It will be better to shift the sign up option to the left of the site and to promote some ongoing topic in the home page to lure the readers to join.

Maximum Bob

I dont get the ratings thing at the moment, I understand that with quite a bit of traffic the ratings system would work and be a good indicator on each company but if you guys (loopthing) are just rating everyone at 5 stars who signs up it becomes a bit false does it not? Surely only people who have got services etc from the company should rate them?

Donagh

I dont get the ratings thing at the moment, I understand that with quite a bit of traffic the ratings system would work and be a good indicator on each company but if you guys (loopthing) are just rating everyone at 5 stars who signs up it becomes a bit false does it not? Surely only people who have got services etc from the company should rate them?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I know what you mean. In the beginning our ratings system is going to be a little inaccurate for sure. However over time the ratings system will come into it's own when we have a few more users and the site becomes self sufficient with people rating businesses. Our eventual hope is that businesses will provide enough information and media content so that individuals can form there own immediate view on the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.