Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron_kenny

Hi All,
please check out www.theloghousecompany.ie all criticism/comments very welcome. This site recently got the eircom.net "site of the day" thingie.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Aaron
www.aaronkenny.com

SlitheryImp

The site itself looks great, I only have one gripe, the main menu is in Flash... Not only will SE spiders have problems finding the other pages of your site, many users like myself have flash blocked and cannot see the menu.

How about moving all the links from the flash area to just below it? The rollover effects can easily be reproduced with CSS.

Otherwise, at least put some standard HTML links in the footer area.

louie

i'll move the links from the flash part, below it so will be more user and SEO friendly. I have to click twice to get to the next page because of flash. Otherwise is nice and clean.

aaron_kenny

thanks for the feed back guys, I actually agree with you re. the navigation. In the initial design stages the I did want to put the links I CSS primarily for accessible. However the client was very determined in having the navigation in the flash banner.

The lesson I learnt here was; don’t give a client too many options!

thanks again

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's quite attractive, though I think the body text font style is a bit boring for my taste

From an SEO perspective all the pages seem to have the same title, which is anything but ideal.

How do you get a site considered for the Eircom site of the day?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm

I've managed to get some of our sites / clients' sites on the ENN editor's pick, but I don't think any of them were ever selected by Eircom

aaron_kenny

Ha, lol

your going to have to trust me here, there was no funny business. Maybe whoever is reviewing the sites is looking into log houses at the moment.

either way the traffic it generated (and business) was unbelievable

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's still one of the most popular sites in Ireland, though they have very strict limitations on who they willl allow advertise there, which is a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.