www.tools.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alhazred De Sane

Seems fine, albeit unremarkable. Navigation is a doddle, but there seems to be quite a lot of sections totally empty. You'll probably have your work cut out optimising the site given that there is such a small amount of text variation from page to page and quite a lot of repetition thanks to the layout.

marko

Thanks Alhazred De Sane, the reason some sections are blank is im still putting items up on it, slowly put surely !!

link8r

Its not a bad bit but my thoughts are: there are so many sites are designed with the concept of appealing to people and forget that they have to get people first. I've heard so many opinions about "I want my site to be x,y,z - because that's what people like" yet everyone always contradicts everyone...thats all they are - just opinions.

1. By making the categories so small, it's not the easiest to navigate - it's like precision surgey if you ur using a touchpad on a laptop and have a high-resolution screen - yet 50% of the screen space on the left and right are just wasted.

As for the argument - "Well i want everyone to be able to enjoy my site regardless of screensize - I hate scrolling" - people who have 800x600 screens probably dont spend a lot online. Get over the idea of trying to not alienate people - 10 times more people have 1024x or bigger screens than have 800x600 - and they probably have money too :D

2. Just a though - It seems odd that such a new, unoptimised site has already recieved rave reviews ...

3. There is so little content and so little space for it

4. SEO is also largely off-site - and I think u have another big problem here, as creating relevant links from relevant, high authority pages will be a small problem.

At least you should rank somewhere for "Tools Ireland" - so thats a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.