Status
Not open for further replies.

webtechlive

Hi how's things..

Iv been web designing for a while now, still young in the game, but a client of mine wants to setup a online shop. Been the first store i have made i have decided reading most posts on here that Zen cart seems to be number one. So iv tried it out and all seems good, but what im worried about is over or under pricing this project and was looking for you guys to give me some pointers..

How much would you normally charge for such a project?

Zen Cart Setup & Mods
Custom Theme
50 Products Added
CC Setup

and all necessary addons for the site to run smooth.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, i know its my 1st but iv been a fan of this place for awhile it helps out allot! :D

Wild Thing

Hi
What you list is very open ended as in, custom theme, and all mods to make it run smooth. Where do you stop moding and start charging extra. Also with the 50 products are they 2 sentence descriptions or 2 paragraphs that cannot be cut and pasted but manually inputed, are the pictures edited or do you have to edit them. Find out exactly what you are dealing with and set boundaries on what is chargable before you commit a price.

webtechlive

Well then when it comes to the custom theme probably a downloaded TM one edited to there liking nothing major. For the moding it would only be adding Realex gateway and maybe some small addons.

As for product information & image editing, that probably would be a issue. I would be stating that all info on products would need to come with there own PDF file or Web link so it can be copied & pasted.

But what would be the standard price on something like this?

Thanks for the help!

nevf

Remember to way it up of how much it's worth to the client, and the potential customers.

Charging per hour can sometimes be difficult to comprehend. There's too much to way up by doing per the hour, which defeats the purpose of doing it by the hour, imo. :)

Are you trying to pay a mortgage, etc.
Is the customer going to keep paying you to maintain the site?

for me, if the website made me proud, and the look and feel was nice, along with the functionality, I would have very little whims about charging anything between €1200 and €1500

Status
Not open for further replies.