Zend Framework on Namesco - mod_rewrite problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason

Hi folks, I have been toying with the PHP Zend Framework recently and wanted to deploy some code on to my Namesco hosting account.

I am almost certain this is a mod_rewrite (or lack thereof) problem on the new Namesco cluster, but I could be wrong as I'm quite new to the Zend Framework. Basically when I call the index controller "/", it works fine. However if I call anything else such as "/anothercontroller" I consistently get a 404. Despite the fact that I have created both a new controller and default view for the application. It's like when I pass Zeus a URI request for anything other than "/" it craps out.

My guess is that my .htaccess rules are not working. Also back when Namesco launched the new web cluster/Zeus server last year we were forced to try and redo our .htaccess rules using rewrite.script. More recently I have found .htaccess to work, but to what extent I still don't know. Hence why I hoped it would work for me today...

Here is a copy of the .htaccess rules that I hoped would work...
Code:
SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
Is deploying Zend Framework based applications a no go on Zeus/Namesco? I motored on because Zend list Zeus as a supported server platform.

jason

I'm wasting my time, aren't I. :confused:

It's impossible to find proper shared hosting these days. Admittedly I find the new Namesco web cluster very reliable and fast, but Zeus WTF!!

Back when Register365 had LAMP stacks, they were extremely unreliable. It's like we have a trade off between FEATURES & PERFORMANCE/RELIABILITY.

This sucks because I was actually starting to reap the rewards of the Zend Framework on my local development server, but if I can't deploy it to Zeus then there is no point me continuing.

[insert_long_string_of_swear_words] :mad:

If anyone has any advice (apart from get a LAMP hosting account somewhere else) I would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.