Adwords Display URL www or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Just wondering what others think about having the www in the display URL. I've been running an ad with the www in it for ages now but I'm just wondering if I should remove it or leave it be. It's a longish url of four words and I was thinking it might make it easier to read without the www. Do you think having it vs not having would effect quality score (if hypothetically ctr didn't change)? Is either perceived as better or more trustworthy? I've just done a few searches for a range of completely different things and most ads seem to have the www.

MickyWall

I haven't noticed any difference, if I need the extra characters I'll drop them.

gav240z

I haven't noticed any difference, if I need the extra characters I'll drop them.

Agree, I usually remove it when there's a long domain name so I can squeeze the keyword into the url.

say:

www.reallylongdomainname.ie

I'll change it to:

reallylongdomainname.ie/keyword

Don't quote me on the character count there, but you get the point.

Some clients didn't like it when i suggested having a display url that wasn't an actual url to their site in terms of sub-directory of what have you, because they thought people might type it in. I highly doubt that, I'm sure 99.9% of people will click on the ad

Tom

Thanks guys. Turns out my domain without the www + keyword is too long for the display URL so it wouldn't be a reason for me to drop it. I guess for now I will leave it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.