Experience With Twitter Advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone run campaigns on Twitter in Europe?

If you did, did you get good ROI?

They appear to have launched self-service options for the US market, but no sign of it over here yet ..

link8r

We just tried a small campaign on behalf of a client. They have some very good, albeit small interactions online. They sell a hardware/software networking device and they usually converse with Micosoft MVP types, IT Consultants - that kind of area. We've had some good wins on twitter - like securing support for an IT award in the UK based on user voting from a link from a tweet.

However, the PPC campaign was relatively expensive - about €2.20 average CPC and the campaign traffic was drowned out by much higher and more consistent organic visits to the site. Also, you need to be careful about tracking. We found it very expensive comparatively.

We're going to try a Follower campaign next to see that, to see can we raise followers.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of minimum / monthly spend did you have?
When I was last talking to them they were looking for quite a substantial commitment, which is why I shelved it for the moment ..

link8r

I'm pretty sure it was $250 or less. We think a company would need significantly higher spend - e.g. €2,000 pm to send enough traffic to test.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
So if you were able to spend so little how did you manage it? Was that direct with Twitter or via a 3rd party?

AngieW81

I have a friend who did a 'twitter campaign' without any research beforehands and failed miserably because practically no people who she wanted to target used twitter, so my advice is to always make sure you're reaching out to your target audience using the right platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.