Status
Not open for further replies.

ei52n7w

Hi to all, couldnt find a into section to say Hi,

Im looking for some advice please.

I currently have a website hosted by 365, and have been with them for the last 4 years, Im kind of thinking about moving to another hosting company.
The website i have i created using the website ecommerce builder that comes with the hosting but im becoming more increasingly concerned about the "what if something goes wrong and can or could i lose the site if something goes wrong"

Im thinking about moving my .ie to another hosting company and creating a new site lets say using and ecommerce pack like cube cart or something similar. Im thinking that at least i can back it up or have it backed up if something were to go wrong with Register365. as it stands i dont and cant have my site backed up using the website builder that comes with 365. Im not a great brain when i comes to ecommerce carts but if i were to get a cart that is easy to use etc i would consider making a new site and moving the .ie to another host.

Can anyone reccommend the right way to go

Thanks in advance

Darylle

When it comes to starting a web hosting company, there are several aspects to be considered. It's not just about finding the initial clients, but rather coming up with an excellent game-plan for the long run..

ei52n7w

When it comes to starting a web hosting company, there are several aspects to be considered. It's not just about finding the initial clients, but rather coming up with an excellent game-plan for the long run..

Hi You have me wrong, im looking for a hosting company and the easiest to use ecommerce seo friendly solution,,,

Thanks

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If I understand your query ..

You currently use your provider's sitebuilder to run your online store, but you can't export or back it up easily, as it's tied to them
You're interested in moving to something which you have more control over.

There are plenty of open source shopping cart solutions out there. Depending on how technical you are you could do it all yourself or take on a developer to manage the setup etc.,
As for the hosting - there are plenty of companies you can choose from, though obviously I'd be biased :)

Michele

Paddy Display

Hi

If you want to bring your e-commerce site to the next level then I would recommend going with an open source system like Magento, Zen-Cart etc, but it a big jump. The benefit of close systems (like the one your in), you don't have to worry about he site breaking, or being uptodate (so not hacked), SSL certs, payment gateways, new standards etc etc etc. The problem is you are limited to how good they system is and if it does not do what you want it to do, there is nothing you can do.

With open source you have freedom to do what you want with it, but all the responsibilities is with you for keeping it up-to-date and even though open source is "free" unless you are technically minded and can code, maintaining and developing a open source site can be costly.

My advice would be that if your e-commerce system is very important to you and you can see opportunity to expand and your willing to put alot more work into it and taking on the extra responsibilities , open source is a good option.

If your e-commerce site is just a nice little extra and won't be expanding much you might be better staying were your are, just depends are you happy with the system you currently have ( I only have very very little experience with 365, and was not mad about them and only know of their e-commerce system from the outsite, and it seems competent not not amazing, but take that with a pinch of salt)

If you want a better e-commerce system and want to expand, don't want the extra responsibility and don't mind paying for it the a closed system like visual soft or shopify might be a better option.

Hi to all, couldnt find a into section to say Hi,

Im looking for some advice please.

I currently have a website hosted by 365, and have been with them for the last 4 years, Im kind of thinking about moving to another hosting company.
The website i have i created using the website ecommerce builder that comes with the hosting but im becoming more increasingly concerned about the "what if something goes wrong and can or could i lose the site if something goes wrong"

Im thinking about moving my .ie to another hosting company and creating a new site lets say using and ecommerce pack like cube cart or something similar. Im thinking that at least i can back it up or have it backed up if something were to go wrong with Register365. as it stands i dont and cant have my site backed up using the website builder that comes with 365. Im not a great brain when i comes to ecommerce carts but if i were to get a cart that is easy to use etc i would consider making a new site and moving the .ie to another host.

Can anyone reccommend the right way to go

Thanks in advance

paul

Ninja
Have you looked at shopify for hosting your shopping cart portion of your site ?

as for an Irish web host, there are plenty to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.