Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanthomas

I run a successful Anglophile blog called Anglotopia and I'd like to open a bookstore on the site selling book related to England and Great Britain. I'd like to just use Amazon.com Affiliate stuff, my question is do they have a way I can have my own branded cart so that buyers don't leave my site? How much does something like that cost? What kind of traffic would I need for something like this to be worth it?

Is there a way I can hack together a cart/ordering system using Amazon using open source tools without having to pay upfront?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
No matter what way you do it they'll have to leave your site to make payment at the Amazon site

There are plenty of options for integration with Amazon via their API.

How many products do you want to display? A few or thousands?

jonathanthomas

I plan to probably have less than 250 or so products. I'll explore some options, I want something relatively simple to implement. I was hoping there was a way to create my own store where I could take orders for Amazon. But I don't think that's possible. Thanks!

jsweb

This example DEMO site may be of interest to you Charlies Chapters Brand New Books

This was built using Zen Cart and not only allows you to enter your own range of books/products via the stores admin, but also could be tweaked to interfaces with API's such as Amazon.

Regards

Jamie @JSWeb.ie

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
This example DEMO site may be of interest to you Charlies Chapters Brand New Books

This was built using Zen Cart and not only allows you to enter your own range of books/products via the stores admin, but also could be tweaked to interfaces with API's such as Amazon.

Regards

Jamie @JSWeb.ie
Are there any live examples of sites pulling in inventory from Amazon?

The only references I've found in relation to Zen Cart was for marketplace sellers, which wouldn't be of much use to an affiliate

jsweb

Are there any live examples of sites pulling in inventory from Amazon?

The current module for ZenCart<>Amazon is the 'Amazon Inventory Loader' which creates a product feed of your products for upload to Amazon.com. Amazon uses the UPC/ISBN included for each product to create your products listing. No descriptions or product titles are required.

I've reviewed the coding and I'm sure it is possible to do the opposite to populate your own site; just needs some more investigation ;)

jsweb

Hi Jason,

The current module for ZenCart<>Amazon is the 'Amazon Inventory Loader' which creates a product feed of your products for upload to Amazon.com. Amazon uses the UPC/ISBN included for each product to create your products listing. No descriptions or product titles are required.
Sorry the link we provided before has now been moved to our clients new account.

They are just doing some final changes/enhancements to their new eCommerce store before go live (so nothing I can show you until then)

A number of Zen Cart <> Amazon mods are available at ecommerce shopping cart software by Zen Cart ecommerce solution

Regards

Jamie @JSWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.