Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccarra

Hi, I'm looking into selling merchandise tshirts, hoodies that kind of thing through a twitter account I have (35.2K followers at present) and was wondering if anyone has past experience with this eg. where did you get them printed, how much it cost, selling, shipping. Is it better do get them done online or locally?

Cheers for any help!
Connor

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Print on demand might make more sense unless you're 100% sure that you'll sell in volume
You might want to look at Spreadshirt or Cafe Press (there are others, but those two spring to mind)
You basically design / create your products and mark them up. They handle all the payments, shipping etc., and you just keep your cut

cmccarra

Yeah, I was looking into them sort of sites, usually leaves the product very dear if you add on any kind of profit margin, though I suppose there is no risk involved in using them. Any idea which of them is the best at the moment? I've seen the following so far:

Sell T-Shirts Online - Build Your Brand With Your Own Free Merchandise Store | Printfection
Custom T-Shirts, T-Shirt Printing & Personalized Shirts | Spreadshirt
Custom T-Shirts, Unique Gifts, Posters, & Personalized Mugs | CafePress
http://www.vistaprint.ie
Custom T-Shirts - Make Shirts Online at UberPrints.com
Custom T-Shirts - Design Your Own T-Shirts Online - Free Shipping!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've used Spreadshirt in the past and I've bought from Cafe Press - both were good. I'm not familiar with a lot of the others you've mentioned.

As for the pricing ..

As you've noted - it's the lack of risk that is key.

If you were to get your own t-shirts printed at a low price you'd need to carry a lot of stock.. and you've have no guarantee of making any sales ..

TeeSpring and Etsy are two of the best places to sell your designs online, whether you choose to promote T-shirts or mousepads. The good thing is how you can feature a design on one item and still earn money if the customer chooses another product to imprint the design on. And, the site will print the product and ship directly to your customer. You will have your own shop on site, which can be promoted via Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or anywhere else. You main job once you have your shop up will be to promote heavily. Don't forget the power of photographs and make good use of Pinterest, WeHeartIt and Photobucket or any other photo sharing site that will allow you to pin photos of your T-shirts for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.