Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedigreedogs

Afternoon all

I launched Pedigreedogs.ie in January 2010 due to the lack of a reputable web site in Ireland where responsible breeders could advertise their litters or dogs for sale.

Unfortunately the market here in Ireland is very small, and even though we had close to 130K actual visits last year, the site is not proving to be viable, in relation to monitoring and creating content.

It is my intention to close the site at the end of this month, and I was wondering if this traffic would be of interest to anybody.

If so, I can furnish what ever information you require, based on our Google analytics results.

Best regards
Paul Barry
Tel # 00353-21-4634362
Mobile # 00353-86-8123886
Puppies for sale Dogs puppy pups for sale in Ireland - Pedigreedogs.ie

paul

Ninja
Hi Paul,

Are you looking to sell it, or just redirect the traffic ? Are you able to give a guide price ? I guess at €3 / ad you would need to have quite a few new ads every day to sustain it as a full time job.

Just some questions that people may ask (in no particular order).
Can you give details of revenue / costs / other financials. Details about your member, email lists, etc. ? Also information about the platform (wordpress) or other associated technology might help, i.e. server requirements.

As you say it's not viable, for you at least, why do you think someone should buy it ?

Does the sale include your twitter / facebook accounts.

How long has it been in operation ?

Do the sale include the registered business name ?

Another dogs site, http://www.dogzone.ie seems to have also stopped operating... I guess it's hard to compete against donedeal.

Pedigreedogs

Thanks Paul,

There's just over 3000 members signed up, some of the earlier ones could be spammers, but the majority would be genuine.

It's running on Wordpress 3.4.2 at the moment.

The reason it's not viable for me is that we monitor the site and spend a lot of time creating content for the blog etc.

I wouldn't have an idea of what it is worth to somebody, but if anybody wanted to make an offer for the site / domain name, and both Twitter & FB accounts, I'd be happy to receive same.

A lot of the support to date would have come from people in the dog show world, as up until recently I was involved in this, both showing dogs, and writing articles for some of the Irish show dog publications.

Yes, I know dogzone has gone by the by recently after two rolls of the dice, as have a lot of other dog related sites in the 3 years we have operated.

If you need any further info, re analytics etc, let me know, and if you were interested in re directing the traffic to your site, give me a shout.

Thanks again

Paul

paul

Ninja
Personally I'd say your best bet would be to sell the name to a breeder, for them to use it to sell their dogs. If you do this, I'd be interested in buying your blog posts for Puppies and Dogs for sale in Ireland | Dogs.ie (you have lots & lots !) . I think you have my phone number Paul, if you want to talk about the sale and need some advice.

I doubt you would get any serious money €X,XXX+ for it if you just try to package it up and sell it as it is, so you'd have to think of other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.