What are your thoughts about xenForo 1.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@rc

Did anyone try out xenForo 1.2 yet? It's still in beta and it's now available to download via xenForo.com.

What are your thoughts about the new features?

paul

Ninja
Haven't tested it, but I've heard good things. I think some of the original vBulletin developers are on the team. Their demo looks good XenForo Demo | XenForo

Ever since vBulletin changed how they do their licencing, I've been looking for an alternative. vBulletin now screw you for upgrades, basically you buy the licence again.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet either.

Similar to Paul, I'm not overly impressed with the way licensing for Vbulletin has gone in the last couple of years.

Does XenForo support imports from Vbulletin?

LuckyRiver

I only know for the security part as their have changed the authentication hashing for encrypted password. What I can tell is the new hashing algorithm is really complex. They now use blowfish 60 chars long. It took me a while to match so I can support my poker game to new authentication scheme.

I already found the old hashing sha256 is already hard to crack. It could be the salt was stored on database and could be retrieved. Now, salt is no longer stored but randomly generated with preconfigured iterations makes it very very hard or even impossible to crack.

There is so many features they add I've not played around with.

I was administrator of a Xenforo forum for awhile and really enjoyed the updates. Although I wasn't involved in some of the more technical aspects of forum management, installing plugins was always a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.