Where to find staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Where do people find staff these days?

I've tried a number of the job sites, but the results haven't been that encouraging

bizhat

We got most of our staffs from local computer training institutes.

figment

Depends on the job type. I found response from Monster.ie to be very good when looking for a developer but crap when looking for a designer. I found a great designer because they applied directly on spec. A good place for design types is creativeireland.com.

the guru

what type of staff are you looking for, with our company we are in the heart of of a university town that offer a range of digital arts and web programming courses, we have taking many interns, that are trained here within the company, I know obviously you are different, but there are lots of clever people in carlow.

However if I was back home I would have no issues throwing you my CV :)

Redfly

Well, theres your problem.
Where is Carlow anyway? Anywhere outside the big smoke is another world to us.

On a serious note, I did not know you were located there. Have YOU ever though of relocating?

the guru

The best move I ever made was not working in Dublin City the 2 hour car journey in the morning from lucan was a nightmare, If you can get great jobs outside the city go for it

grandad

Personally, I'd be very happy to move to Carlow. 'Tis a nice place. Housing is cheaper than Dublin and the traffic has to be better.

rsynnott

That's probably your problem, there. A LOT of computer-y people I know don't drive, and might find working in Citywest unpalatable, never mind Carlow. I personally wouldn't want to live away from Dublin or another largish city.

Carlow IT is probably a possibility. A fair few smallish Irish computer-y companies have a good relationship with Trinity, and get employees that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.