Will the new Screenclick website piss off affiliates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfly

Hi everyone,

Dunno if any of you are affiliates with Screenclick, but what were they thinking with their new site design?

Click here for my full blog post on it

Anyone have thoughts on this? Hardly gona be good for conversions is it?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

H

I can see why you're frustrated. That would really piss me off if I was promoting them and they didn't let me know. Most merchants (in the UK at least) will alert affiliates or at the very least the network about pending site changes. Most do it to better their conversions but this seems silly.

Maybe they have already tested and found that the existing silverlight setup converts better? ;)

*** Been meaning to touch base with you Hugh.

hughdurkin

I can see why you're frustrated. That would really piss me off if I was promoting them and they didn't let me know. Most merchants (in the UK at least) will alert affiliates or at the very least the network about pending site changes. Most do it to better their conversions but this seems silly.

Maybe they have already tested and found that the existing silverlight setup converts better? ;)

*** Been meaning to touch base with you Hugh.

Well that's exactly it. If something like this went down in the UK, you'd see it splashed all over Affiliates4u and affiliates up in arms about it.

Think about it - some affiliates might be using PPC to direct traffic to their sites to generates sales. Where does that leave them if a shoddy site won't convert? Out of pocket, that's where.

*** Sure throw me a PM and we can arrange a catch up ;)

n3tFl0w

This is absolutely amazing. Emailed them today with some questions. Will see what comes back. Would recommend that others email them too as this is a disgrace and arrogance on a scale that I haven't seen in a while.

For crying out loud your a movie rental company...!! carry on doing that and don't harass your users into installing sh*te they don't need!

Status
Not open for further replies.