Actinic - Shopping Cart System

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomed

Have used it on a clients site and personally wouldn't recommend it. What exactly are your requirements and we'll be able to give you some suggestions on what to use.

Tom

WoW

actinic software

Thanks Tomed

Can you tell me what you did not like in it.

I am difficulty with my current website with title tags and unique meta descriptions of each page and Actinic has been recommended to me.

tomed

There was a raft of things I didn't like, I wouldn't be able to specify one simple thing to be honest.

In a nusthell I couldn't see why you would use this over other free systems.

tomed

No problem with the questions, but let me put one back at you.

What are your requirements?

If I get that answer I can suggest a free one best suited to your requirements.

Tom

WoW

Requirements

A lot of shopping carts have only one page title and meta des regardless of how many pages there is on website. Need software with individual title tags and descriptions and software that is easy to upload and navigate through. Need a system that can pull reports easily of customers buying habits

tomed

A lot of shopping carts have only one page title and meta des regardless of how many pages there is on website. Need software with individual title tags and descriptions and software that is easy to upload and navigate through. Need a system that can pull reports easily of customers buying habits

Ok well ZenCart will do all this with contributions, but I'm sure you've already looked at this???

shaneod

I'd be inclined to avoid Actinic as well at this stage, it's been superceeded by manys a system at this stage - it's caused me manys a heartache over the years - used to be one of the best solutions around but it requires hacks to do things that you'd just assume happen by default - Eg. to get it to display the price in a product permutation drop down. Although i think that's fixed in the most recent version the fact that it took so long to get that as standard should warn you what it's like. Very very tricky to do even the simplest things. And the Site Save file system (becasue it's an offline system), is very cumbersome to say the least.

Nice lads in there and a very helpful forum but my god it cost me troubles.

I'd go for one of the many Open Source SQL driven php systems out there at this stage, Magento, Zen Cart even Drupal's UberCart. All seem to be much more flexable.

chamms

I've not used any of the Actinic solutions...but check out Oxatis (oxatis.co.uk)....they're new to the uk market, but are really functionally rich

intense

I used actinic years ago its hard to cuctomise, also as far as I know , well when I had it I could only admin it through the desktop software.

also the licence is expensive.

WoW

Volusion

Anybody out there using Volusion e commerce shopping cart system? Mixed reports from 2 uk users and would like to hear the real picture out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.