Adsense in English

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringleader

I have just begun to use Google Adsense on my site today (a vbulletin forum), but I keep getting ads in French and other such languages.

My site only contains english, but it appears to be targeting other languages and foreign non-english speaking sites to my discussions.

Has anyone ever experienced this?
I can't find a language setting in the webmaster tools for adsense, so I can't even make it stop :(

Any help or insight is appreciated!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Are you on a French IP or anything?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, you're not, so that's not the reason ...

Is there any French language in the template?

ringleader

Odd.

The sidebar is showing English / Irish ads, but the footer is mixed

Yeah, I hope it settles down and is just intermittent at the beginning :confused:

Thanks though. I'll let you know if it does, or if I find a solution.

edit:
[SIZE=-0] AdSense Troubleshooter[/SIZE]

Is the 'Ads by Google' bit of your ads in the correct language? -> Yes

In this case, our system correctly identified the page language, but it is possible that some advertisers have chosen to target this content, although their language does not match the page language. We suggest that you add these ads to your filter list if you feel that they are inappropriate.

Gah, how awful is that?!
I've already filtered multiple domains that were completely irrelevant (e.g. travel websites when there's not even a hint of a travel keyword on the page)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much about filtering ads initially.

If you've only put the ads on there today give it 48 hours to settle down then look into section targetting. Some of the tweaks are incorporated in vBulletin SEO by vBSEO which is a really cool VB addon :)

ringleader

If you've only put the ads on there today give it 48 hours to settle down then look into section targetting. Some of the tweaks are incorporated in vBulletin SEO by vBSEO which is a really cool VB addon :)

I tried vbseo before (my workplace bought it for their site board), and I didn't see much return from it at all.

Or I could just type
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
and
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->
tags into my templates myself for about €200 less :rolleyes:

ringleader

It works well for me and I've been using it here and on a number of other sites. It definitely helps with indexing etc

Hmm, good point.
I suppose the indexing is reason enough, considering that's how I kept coming across this site!

If I decide to use it, i'll go through your referral id anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.