Status
Not open for further replies.

DCC

Hi all

I poted a job in the jobs section of this site a couple of days ago. Sat back and thought despite my lack of details that there would be big interest.

It is for an social media/online content manager for an Irish owned growing company South Dublin. 1 reply.

It's to manage their facebook, twitter, linkedin, onlin marketing etc so I thought it was a cool job?

Am I wrong? Any advise on where to advertise it?

DCC

Oops also looking for a PHP person as well for same company

link8r

I poted a job in the jobs section of this site a couple of days ago. Sat back and thought despite my lack of details that there would be big interest.

Without being smart but is the answer in the question? My thoughts:

Just think about the flipside of the coin - there are lots of jobs posted for jobs that don't really exist, so without the detail, how do you users know its real?

I'm guessing here but I'd say 90% of users on IWF are self employed (or at least currently employed) - so myself and heads of other businesses who are quite active on here from time-to-time wouldn't be applicable. but we don't search jobs boards either.

Personally: I often cringe when I see SEO jobs posted as they tend to talk about PPC/Affiliate/General web admin more than anything to do with SEO. My second reason for cringing is that often these jobs are in Dublin and at €35k - €45k per annum - which as a paying job (-v- being self employed) doesn't seem reasonable or reflective of the skillset an SEO has. I used to be a contract programmer and that was 7 years ago - €30k just has no appeal. If an SEO cannot make that himself online, then I would ask questions about their capability.

Just my two cents seeing as I thought some feedback was better than none. I'd also like to hear other's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.