amazon web services

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearaman

Hi,
Can amazon web services be used to create your own online book store with your own prices, etc? I'm a bit unclear as to what these web services can be used for?
If not amazon, then are there any web services out there that can be used for such a book store?
Thanks,
Bearaman

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
What are you trying to do exactly?

bearaman

Thanks for the reply Blacknight.
What I'd like to do is to create an online book store that takes all the common data from another site like Amazon. Book images, descriptions, page numbers, weight, etc. would all be brough in from an external source. I would be able to control pricing, shipping, returns, etc.
In short, all I'd need is a list of ISBNs and prices.
Can any web services or other services out there do this?
Thanks,
Bearaman

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Amazon could probably do it, but you'd have to handle the logistics ... Amazon's marketplace platform might make more sense

bearaman

Will amazon web services allow you to change price?
Does the marketplace platform you mention allow you to control price and logistics?
Thanks,
B.

bearaman

Thanks for the info...maybe not exactly what I'm looking for.
Are there any services or programs that allow you to take product details off a site and use them for your own use?
B.

davkell

As far as I know, the Amazon web services you're talking about can only be used if you're sending the customers back to Amazon to make purchases. I think you get a commission for this. (It wouldn't make sense from Amazon's point of view to let other applications use all their content without any return).

I've used that service in the past (not commercially though) and it's pretty straight forward to setup, but I'd check the terms of service first to see what's allowed.

I don't know of any other services that let you use their content like that....sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.