ammado v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

ammado version 1 was released to the public domain this evening. We redesigned the entire UI for this release (it was needed) and I'm looking for feedback.

The homepage is the biggest 'thing' for me personally. I hope it's going to change so that it's more informative rather than being a portal that expects you to already know what's going on (that's my take on it anyway). If I were landing on the HP with no previous experience of the website then I would be stumped in my attempts to figure what the site was about.

ammado - home - le homepage
ammado - public profile for cormac moylan - le profile
ammado - Public Profile for Amnesty International Irish Section - le organisation profile
ammado - apple community - le community

I believe it's a big jump in quality over what was previously designed. It's a lot more usable and fresher looking. Thoughts?

n3tFl0w

Took a very quick look there and I like it a lot. Very usable. Everything nicely arranged.

The only part that strikes me as odd is the top... I dunno, the way the ammado.png is aligned with the writing? But maybe other people like that. It doesn't take anything away but it struck me while looking at it...

But nicely done.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
That is a hell of a lot better than the previous version :) well done to all involved.

One thing that struck me ... is peoples profiles are now semi public ? (not sure if they were before as well) Must find my login details again and see if I'm public on it

Cormac

Thanks for the feedback guys.

n3tFl0w said:
The only part that strikes me as odd is the top... I dunno, the way the ammado.png is aligned with the writing? But maybe other people like that. It doesn't take anything away but it struck me while looking at it...
Are you referring to the header text on the homepage? It looks a bit uneven in the top left hand corner since there is a block of approx of 80px height not being used. We are reassessing our homepage at the moment too..

One thing that struck me ... is peoples profiles are now semi public ? (not sure if they were before as well) Must find my login details again and see if I'm public on it

We sent out an email a few months back about privacy when we exited our walled garden. You can choose to display your profile (or separate elements of your profile) only to your friends, etc. We will be focusing further on privacy in our forthcoming release. You will be able to block bots from indexing your profile in SE's, which is handy.

paul

Ninja
We sent out an email a few months back about privacy when we exited our walled garden. You can choose to display your profile (or separate elements of your profile) only to your friends, etc. We will be focusing further on privacy in our forthcoming release. You will be able to block bots from indexing your profile in SE's, which is handy.
Did you set the existing profiles to private ? It would seem like the nicest way to deal with it, even if you sent an email saying you were changing your setup.

Cormac

No, twas done the other way around, however we currently have blocked all indexing of members profiles via robot.txt.

We are going to have a mult-step-sign-up form for members that asks them to configure your privacy settings before creating your account. The final step asks if you wish to block elements of your profile and if you wish to block bots.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
We are going to have a mult-step-sign-up form for members that asks them to configure your privacy settings before creating your account. The final step asks if you wish to block elements of your profile and if you wish to block bots.

Seems like a good way going forward :) too many systems these days assume you will do it later or just don't care :)

You should have said 'assuming the bots respect your AW-THOR-IT-AYY.' (golden chance goes a missing!)

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.