Analytics and SiteSearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds20

Hello all, first post so go easy on me.

I'm not sure this is the right forum as the query is somewhat technical, but I was looking for some advice on having analytics track searches on my site that uses my own proprietary search form.

I've enabled the tracking code in my search results using the urchinTracker field to represent the search terms as URL query parameters.
e.g.
urchinTracker('/search.jsp?deptDate_day=12&adults=2&searchRange=7&deptDate_year=09&deptDate_month=05&dest=SLIGO&childs=0&origin=DUBLIN&resort=MULLAGHMORE&infants=0&dateRangeStart=090212&dateRangeEnd=&duration=7');

I've configured the analytics account to look for
query parameters: deptDate_day,deptDate_month,adults,childs,infants
Categories:eek:rigin,dest,duration,resort
on the basis that the query parameters are entered by the user and the categories are selected from drop-down lists

All that's showing up in Analytics search terms is 0 and what seem to be durations for the categories.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Should I only pick one query parameter?

Thanks in advance

gav240z

Site Search Problems

Hi Ds20,
Its a bit difficult to troubleshoot without seeing your account. However from what you describe below there shouldn't be any problems.

You do know that Site Search has a categories option you must also enable?

Its a radio-button and you can then specify your category parameters there.

If you have enabled that, then I'd really need to see your website to help further.

*I noticed the url you provided had spaces, not sure if this was a formatting thing (as this website tends to turn url's into actual links - which can be very annoying).

If your url does contain spaces I would look at url encoding them.
HTML URL Encoding Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.