Any correlation between spiders visit & web page rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

montyauto

It is considered a good sign that spiders visiting your site as often as it would. Usually we notice it thru the weblog.

Are you also concern about it? If so how you counting how often is google visiting your work at home site instead of using the weblog?

Is there any correlation between how often the spiders visiting our site with the page rank? And where are the spiders coming in from?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, but I can't make sense of that at all

What are you talking about?

TheMenace

D

Deleted member 444

It is considered a good sign that spiders visiting your site as often as it would. Usually we notice it thru the weblog.
I recall reading somewhere that if your site content doesn't change very often, bots will crawl your site less often... I could see it being a problem if your site suddenly launched a new product or service and you have to wait the best part of a month for your site to be updated in the index... I'd take it as a good sign in general.
Are you also concern about it? If so how you counting how often is google visiting your work at home site instead of using the weblog?
I use Google webmaster tools, which tells me when they last crawled... you can also find this out by viewing googles cache of your site (when you search for it), they'll have a cache date listed in their top-frame.

What I find strange though is the discrepancy between what webmaster tools reports as the last index date and what my webstats say... I haven't made any specific notes, but I get the impression googlebot has been visiting my sites without actually updating its index/cache.
I've noticed this particularly on one of my younger (PR 0) sites... anyone know what the bot is looking for when/if this happens?
Is there any correlation between how often the spiders visiting our site with the page rank? And where are the spiders coming in from?
Interesting question, I've no idea... I'd assume the same rules would apply, but would a site that doesn't update very often retain a good page rank to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.