Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

I have a question about Awstats.

One of the websites I run recently got a make over, and in the space
of a month page impressions doubled (a couple of 100,000 extra page impressions) according to awstats. I am slighly suspicious as to the increase
in page impressions, though I cannot see any reason why it isn't a genuine increase in traffic, I don't know where it came from.

On the make over I added a couple of extra php includes on each page, would awstats count a php include as another page impression?

louie

I don't think so. It might be that is more the way search engines likes it and they spend more time coming arround.
As well as that might be more user friendly, and visitors spend more time browsing arround.

grandad

Adding Includes wouldn't make any difference, as the HTML is constructed serverside. If a file on the server has a number of includes, it still only generates one output. It is the output that Awstats counts AFAIK.

dave

Louie

Thanks, I think people are spending more time on the site but I just wanted to eliminate all the doubts I had. :)

Richard

Thanks, from what I have looked at that seems to be the case that it only counts the one html generated page but I wasn't sure.

dave

The secret was I think the site was ready for it. I just tidied up the design and navigation through the site. I am doing the same with a sister site and will see if that improves the stats on that.

dave

It would be more a reflection of the spider activity

There seems to be more activity by spiders on the site, but it doesn't make up the hugh rise in page impressions.
I can't see any other reason other than it is legit traffic to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.