Basecamp To Do lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdenWeb

I'm banging my head here against a brick wall. Well, a logitech keyboard at least.

Is there no way in Basecamp to add an attachment to a To Do list?
Possibly I'm approaching this the wrong way but I want to centralise client website changes and maintenance and I this seems the best way. Or had. :confused:
Thanks!

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
not that I know of :(

Only using the free account though as I didn't really find it all that great. (doesn't allow file uploads from the Messages -> Attach files section with the free version)

On a different Note I ended up using Task Freak TaskFreak! web based task manager / todo list written in PHP for various things though there isn't that much development happening on it and it does lack a lot of features still its multi user

Forbairt

on a different note I bit the bullet and signed up with goplan.org ... only on the personal plan but I'm loving it so far ... (took a look at the free version ... liked it .. decided to sign up on the personal for 10 quid a month)

Doesn't seem to be able to add attachments to tasks on it either but you can to tickets ...

Tille

Basecamp can be a fun communication tool, but it kind og sucks for project management. I know, I was fighting to use it for 6 months. It upset me that the tool didn't have Gantt charts and all the PM stuff, but it is so popular, so I kept trying :)
Anyway, now I'm with Wrike.com, they don't have any limitations on file attachements to tasks ;)
:cool:

Forbairt

I just signed up to wrike there ... and for some reason I'm finding it extremely annoying :| ... its potentially a LOT more feature rich ... but it doesn't feel good / nice .. and its not something I could give my customers access to.

But maybe thats just me

Tille

Why not?

I invited my clients to Wrike, it took like 3 minutes for them to sign up. After that all they need to do is just reply my e-mails. That's it. No logging on or stuff like that. I manage about 5 projects this way and share tham with different people. It's great, cause they cannot see each other's projects and tasks, but I have access to everything

Forbairt

lack of colour coding ... I find the reloading annoying ...

I don't find the UI intuitive ... I mean I have my folders by project but where on earth do I create a project ? department and so on ?

Don't get me wrong it is nice ... Its just ... not clear what I have to do in certain cases ... goplan I just found simple ... all laid out clearly for me

That said they still need to do a good bit of work on goplan ... but I've shown it to a few people and they've gone ... cool :)

Tille

I see you have your ow opinion on this. Well tastes differ :)
Here's what I do. A foloder - is a project or depertment - whatever you like it to be. For me this is the beauty of it. I can create a tasks an put it into let's say "Mega Web-site design" folder. This is how I organize my tasks by projects. At the same time I put it into the "Marketing" folder. This is how I organize my tasks by department.

Flexibility rules!

Forbairt

Oh Boll** .. :D

ok now I'm seeing how it works :D ...

It wasn't obvious at the start how to go about adding projects / customers ... and so on :) ... ...

The green colours still annoy me though ... if I have more time I might set up a project and play around with it ...

The time management aspect could end up being quite handy ...

figment

I'm banging my head here against a brick wall. Well, a logitech keyboard at least.

Is there no way in Basecamp to add an attachment to a To Do list?
Possibly I'm approaching this the wrong way but I want to centralise client website changes and maintenance and I this seems the best way. Or had. :confused:
Thanks!

There is a work around Peter by creating a <href> link in the to-do text to a file previously uploaded. The bbcode firefox extension is handy for this.

Alan

EdenWeb

Thanks guys. Just recieved reply from BaseCamp people

the to-do list function is a very simple feature meant for very simple tasks, so due dates and attachments are not allowed.

If you need to attach items to tasks, you may want to try the milestones and messages feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.