Best places to advertise as a startup

Advert test
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertising and promoting aren't always the same thing. Advertising is always promoting but promoting doesn't mean advertising. Advertising is paid and can be done anywhere online and offline. A lot of people have a problem in telling the different between the two.

If you're raising funding then list your self on the crowd sourcing sites like Kickstarter and so on.

If it's web-tech, then most forums are good.

If it's innovative, then try to get into the online tech journals like TechCrunch.

Talk to bloggers

Social Media is a good place to learn and watch how startups promote themselves. Selfish self promotion is easily spotted, learn before you try!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
PR and content make a big difference
If you start spamming forums, mailing lists or Twitter you'll get blocked / banned etc.,
Advertising - depends who your target market is
I can't see any point in advertising to other startups - they're not your target market. You need to target your potential customers

Advertising and promoting aren't always the same thing. Advertising is always promoting but promoting doesn't mean advertising. Advertising is paid and can be done anywhere online and offline. A lot of people have a problem in telling the different between the two
I appreciate that, in this case I meant promoting the website then.

Our advertising we will be based on Social Media. LinkedIn and FB

Thanks for the replies so far, keep em' coming!

Cheers,

Will

Thanks for the reply Blacknight.

We are a SSL and Code signing certificate re-seller, which means our target customers would be e-commerce websites, financial institutes, web developers, hosting companies such as yourselves etc.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Then you probably want to be looking at the kind of publications that attract that readership ..
Financial institutions - doubt they'd buy from a reseller - they're more likely to go directly to a CA

Status
Not open for further replies.