Status
Not open for further replies.

n3tFl0w

Best newcomer and best design? Surely that wasn't the best designed Irish blog last year? It looks like an interesting enough blog and its updated daily but was the design the best in ireland? Having not really been paying attention though, maybe it was...

n3tFl0w

Well then the website is lying to its readership because it has an image on the right that says - Best Newcomer and Best Design 2007

Did it win this year too?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
lying ? ... it said 2007 on the beaut website ... so its not lying ?

The awards that just took place were the 2008 awards.

m83

Indeed you are correct James for I was there myself with mr new(ish) journalism and nialler9, great night :)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Indeed you are correct James for I was there myself with mr new(ish) journalism and nialler9, great night :)

Wouldn't mind going to a lot of these gigs only being in galway = a hell of a commute to get anywhere :(

(who knows a change could be in order) :)

n3tFl0w

lying ? ... it said 2007 on the beaut website ... so its not lying ?

The awards that just took place were the 2008 awards.

My point was though... Was it the best designed blog in 2007? Which is what I said originally. And then someone said it actually one something else. But that was this year. Wires crossed is all.

Anouilh

My point was though... Was it the best designed blog in 2007? Which is what I said originally. And then someone said it actually one something else. But that was this year. Wires crossed is all.

That is such an arbitrary question. I think all wires are crossed at the moment, thanks to the wretched wind blowing across the land. Sabrina Dent's blog is incredibly well designed, I think. Perhaps there should be a series of awards throughout the year for Great Irish Blogs?

n3tFl0w

That is such an arbitrary question. I think all wires are crossed at the moment, thanks to the wretched wind blowing across the land. Sabrina Dent's blog is incredibly well designed, I think. Perhaps there should be a series of awards throughout the year for Great Irish Blogs?

Again it looks like more crossed wires.... Sabrina's blog is nicely designed. I agree but It was the beaut.ie blog that I was talking about...

But yeah. We (all of you really, not really me...) as the peers in the industry we should nominate and vote on blogs or sites quite regularly. It would give some good recognition to great designers and developers in the industry.

Anouilh

I've been chatting about the sort of site that different personality types like to visit. Blog design is one area in which gender seems to have a very important input. I like looking at flowers and soft colours, male friends often prefer vivid colours and a robust template. Any thoughts on this?

Anouilh

Does anybody understand the links between design quality and seo success? Good seo techniques should make any website, regardless of quality, prominent, it seems.

Dotwebs

I think it's clever and quirky. It's irreverent and facetious but not disrespectful and gives away a lot about her personality. I'd say it works for her and that it helps to sell her books.
Although, can you imagine trying to present something like that to a client? :rolleyes:

Jabberwocky

How about something absolutely gorgeous! Its the layout and the flash that make it much more than the coding, but wow, what a good job was done there. Nothing like a spot of custom artwork to really make a design shine. I do profess a weakness for the steampunk style, with that said.

It appears to have crashed shortly after I posted it up there, looks like I'm not the only one looking for a new hosting account! ... aand we're back

Status
Not open for further replies.