Blowing a Friend's Trumpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anouilh

Video quality is improving all the time on Youtube, but many people working in the Arts tend to use Vimeo. The compression system seems to be more effective. Please review this site: Verso-Tempo on Vimeo The work is being showcased in short film festivals around the World and I find it very interesting.

n3tFl0w

Granted Vimeo vids look better than youtube. But what the hell was that video? I'm not gonna lie, I stopped watching after about 2 minutes.

nevf

Suddenly it all became clearer. Much better now, even though that style of video still has no particular appeal for me. Well done.

n3tFl0w

ahh! Now I understand. Interesting idea too.

This is case in point for a "information and data out of context" argument. Well good luck to your friend with it.

Anouilh

Thank you both for taking a second look. Photographers may also find the videos interesting, as the director was influenced by Hitchcock. There is a fine use of Bokeh in the "Somnambule" video, where lights blur, fade and come back into focus.

Anouilh

Anybody who is interested in art, photography and design might enjoy the discussion around this site at Boards.ie. Video Stills - boards.ie Everybody is now the equivalent of a street artist, once they set up a public website. How it looks is much discussed. I'm always amazed at the strong emotional responses posters in general have to colour schemes and themes in new sites. Success or failure depends on hitting the right note.

Anouilh

I am bumping this because sites with podcasts and video material pose an interesting problem in relation to SEO and visibility on the Internet. Niche sites and those that promote film and art work have difficulty in finding a footing and an audience. This is often because the material is not instantly available and it may take ten minutes or more to watch a video presentation. Have Webmasters here cracked this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.