Does anyone know anything about Blogs.ie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandad

My apologies for a long enforced absence.... :eek:

I'm trying to port a blog from blogs.ie to a standalone WordPress blog. I have searched the blogs.ie admin panel, but there is no export function. I have Googled until I'm blue in the face. I have written to blogs.ie [no response].

Has anyone any bright ideas?

Help!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I thought blogs.ie used some form of Wordpress or Wordpress MU?

The guys behind it used to be more active on mailing lists etc., but I haven't seen much activity from them in the last while

grandad

One of the major problems I have is that I can't access the site except via the conrtol panel, and that is very restricted. I have tried exporting via RSS, but there are almost 500 posts in there, and I can only get the last few [and lose all comments in the process].

Their main site is crap, in that there are no help facilities, or contacts. They have a forum where the questions go largely unanswered, and most of the entries are years out of date.

I have a nasty feeling I'm going to have to abandon the project.

Unless anyone has any contacts in there??

grandad

I hear he sorted you out?

Sir! You are indeed, a Scholar and a Gentleman.

He did indeed sort me out with great patience and perseverance. Not only was I provided with the database dump, but all the images as well.

Thank you kindly for your intervention. :D

Sparks

I'm raising a bit of a zombie thread here I know, but it's in a good cause - I'm trying to help Herself Indoors move her blog from Wallpaper over to our new dedicated server but like grandad, I'm having no joy in getting an export off blogs.ie. Michele, could I ask if you'd drop a line to Mr.Galligan if he's still involved with blogs.ie?

Status
Not open for further replies.