Status
Not open for further replies.

piardog

Spammers

I have no personal experience of working with SagePay but I have been researching them lately. I need to be able to accept Laser Cards in a new venture I am in the process of setting up and Realex are very expensive.

I would appreciate, Blacknight, if you could elaborate on what you mean by:

"They also seem to have a charming habit of spamming people ..."

as I have other people involved with me and don't want to screw up.

Thanks
Piardog

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
In terms of cost - there's very little difference between SagePay and Realex

As for the spam - SagePay spammed a lot of Irish companies to "announce" their new payment service about 2 weeks ago, which isn't exactly a good way to introduce themselves to the market

Sun

Hi EggD,

Why doesn’t the customer start off a little simpler than going for the big programming solution which can get costly. After that he’ll have to promote it… more costs.

Why don’t you set up a nice site and use Ebay for selling the cloths - no major programming issues, no expensive ssl certificates, have a ready market that’s already searching through Ebay. It’s a simple starting point and if he wants to except laser… get the machine in and take calls (maybe)

There are many retailers of various products on ebay and they have their web site to back everything up. Then if it proves a success, move on to the larger site.

Just an idea.

Best of luck
Widow.ie

nevf

Hi EggD,

Why doesn’t the customer start off a little simpler than going for the big programming solution which can get costly. After that he’ll have to promote it… more costs.

Why don’t you set up a nice site and use Ebay for selling the cloths - no major programming issues, no expensive ssl certificates, have a ready market that’s already searching through Ebay. It’s a simple starting point and if he wants to except laser… get the machine in and take calls (maybe)

There are many retailers of various products on ebay and they have their web site to back everything up. Then if it proves a success, move on to the larger site.
You have a point but I also think it's always a good idea to have the future in mind and start as you mean to finish... I've heard of businesses that done that and they lost many cutomers because of frustration with login details, etc. and long periods of website downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.