Eircom domain dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdenWeb

Anybody have the FAX no. of Eircom's domain dept.
I've never come across a site where it's so bloddy hard to actually contact a company.

Thanks - client need to transfer a domain pronto.
Peter

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If they're a business you will probably need to contact their account manager...

EdenWeb

If they're a business you will probably need to contact their account manager...

Hmmm. They've called several times and several promised 'call you backs' have never transpired. At this stage they just want to fax their domain transfer instructions. Emails are not answered either.

niall

Edenweb,

Be very careful with that. If you don't cancel with Eircom and the domains remain within their servers, people trying to send email or view your sites from the Eircom netblock will get sent to the old hosting.

Have seen this happen more than once :(

Niall.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
We've had all sorts of "fun" in the past..

It is imperative that they get the EPP code from Eircom and that the domain is unlocked and that the admin contact email address is reachable - otherwise the transfer will fail miserably

louie

I have had a similar problem with one of my clients website.
The funny part is that it happened after 3 years.
It worked grand for 3 yrs but then all of a sudden the domain was going to eircom.
took me 3 days to get it sorted out and 100's a phone calls.
nightmare.

davidbehan

Had a similar problem myself a few months ago. Residual nameserver information staying on their internal dns servers (which loads of people in ireland use). I've a contact, phone number and fax number somewhere in an a4 pad. I always keep these pads so you might be in luck. I'll have a look tomorrow for ya and send it to you if I can find it. It took me ages to get through to the right person. If I remember correctly, she will fax (cause they don't know how to email it) a form that needs to be filled out and signed by your client and get that into them. It'll take a few days to go through knowing them. They lost my form twice that I sent in so keep hounding them. Anyway, enough of my rant... I'll look that up and get back to you in the morning.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.