Status
Not open for further replies.

saviourdlima

I have seen many sites asking for different techniques to gain more backlinks. What exactly are these backlinks? On one of the forums, I read that they are the lifeblood of Search Engine Positioning. It helps the site to be on the top of search engines. All the webmasters want to have numerous, well-established, high-quality backlinks that are just links on a site that can direct the visitor to another website. The changes are more of the site enjoying high PR and get good position on the search engine. Is the information factual? From where should I get more back links?

Search engines use back links to see how popular your site is, the more backlinks the better. Avoid adult site backlinks or you will get blacklisted.

Backlinks have a value, the site they come from has a page ranking (PR) this puts value on the link itself.

PR0 is a fresh 2 death site. PR 10 is very very rare and the best, Google.com etc.

Why are your posts in that weird font?

blackcat

Backlinks are basically incoming links; they are links on various other sites pointing to yours.
The importance and popularity of your website is measured by the quality and number of these backlinks (not exclusively though).
The higher is the pr of the site pointing back to yours, the better.
And some link building tips: subscribe to web directories, post on forums and blogs (leaving a link in the signature with a relevant anchor text), subscribe to social media sites, write articles and submit them to sites that allow article submission.
You always have to make sure though, that your content is fresh, helpful, relevant and as unique as possible.

glenbolton85

Outbound links send visitors away from your web site.
A link from a site outside of your site that brings visitors is called inbound link commonly known as backlink.

Status
Not open for further replies.