Status
Not open for further replies.

garycocs

Hi Lads,

Just wondering if someone had some advice for me, I've a few website ideas I want to develop but really don't have the time to do any of them I was looking for a very low cost solution for someone to develop them in php ideally as I could edit and add on what I like after.
Where would the best place to go for this be?
I know this is all a bit vague, one of my ideas would be to have a list of youtube videos in one site, kinda like my Irish Vids site another would probably start out as a facebook app.
I suppose I'm starting to think about outsourcing? But initially with a very low cost as I don't know how far the ideas will go?

Thanks
Gary

link8r

I've seen so many projects fail due to a low budget. Some people think they can take on Daft.ie with €5k. Even if you built a semi-decent one (and that's possible) - a website is so much more like promotion etc. Let me save you the time - you can't build a shop or business from nothing, well it's very difficult. The internet is huge and global - gaps are being filled up all the time by people with the right budget. 10 years ago you'd get away with it, not now. Save yourself the hassle and frustration and get a proper business plan together, secure the right funding and build a proper web-business. putting too little in at the start could just be a waste/false economy.

A PHP (or ASP site) is going to cost more than a HTML site because more work is required. You're spec is a little thin (a few PHP pages so that you can add your own - but you also refer to video content etc) - what about user accounts?

Maybe you should identify a business partner or "advisor" who has experience in the web world and can go through your ideas with "what if we did this" costs and scenarios. Really is the best advice I can give you

Status
Not open for further replies.