First Joomla-based site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexalDec

Okay, this is my first stab at a Joomla-based website: IATIS

Any comments/criticisms welcome!

'Twas a bit of an ardous task building it, due to the amount of strict specifications from the client coupled with my lack of any previous experience with Joomla. I ended up using the K2 extension for managing content.

The hardest part of the design was the requirement for multiple different levels of users and membership - general members can post community announcements, special fee-paying members can access additional areas including downloadable publications. I managed to implement the functionality in the end with a lot of hacking-away at the php code.

ThatMichaelKid

Hey,

I think the first stab at the website looks great, it could use improvement hence reason you posted it here, so I'll give you my opinion.

I think the site looks good, the design is pretty awesome and balanced, the background (the blue) blends in around the site. However, I think the white areas look a bit bland, they once you get from the header and the blue background, it doesn't look as eye popping as the rest, I don't know how exactly you could make it more eye popping but I'm sure you'll think of something.

I really like the movement of the headers by the way, they look great, maybe some action or something could make it more of a blast in the white areas.

DexalDec

Cheers for the feedback! I'll take it on board. I agree - there's a bit too much expanse of white areas for me too. I'm a fan of whitespace, but I think I need to work on maybe grouping/styling the content text and images better to liven it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.