Friday Pints 5th Sept - short notice I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Going to be heading for a pint or two around 7 in the Cobblestone if anyone is about and wants to stalk me from the distance :D

Yes I know its short notice ... but I said what the hell

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone join you in the end?

Forbairt

Did anyone join you in the end?

Yep one of the users Merrill met up with me in the cobblestone (he had suggested meeting for a pint) and then met my wife and friends in Pintox ? or something like that in temple bar and then onto another irish pub where I met david .. another webdesign though I'm not sure if he's on IWF or Boards.

All in all it was a pretty good night ... bit of trad ... few pints of guinness ... speaking french most of the night too which was nice for a change.

Forbairt

havey vous an autra pint!! ?

And well where you wife is french it gets easier ... :D (also on the second or third pint) :D

nevf

I did both french and german in first year(6months each). We were then given a choice to drop one and i dropped french because i didn't really like the teacher and my skill at languages was really awful, and german just seemed easier. Now i hate german, struggled for the junior cert, gave it up for the leaving cert.

I regret not doing french now, and it's a brilliant skill to have to be multilingual.

nevf

By the way, i think the name of the bar in temple bar is "Pintxo". Was in there a couple of years ago to have food, fine place.

Forbairt

By the way, i think the name of the bar in temple bar is "Pintxo". Was in there a couple of years ago to have food, fine place.

That'd be the one ... we just stayed for a beer and headed on as VA and the rest of the gang there were mostly though their meal ... nice place for a glass of wine and some tapas though. Very bizarre toilets :D

nevf

That'd be the one ... we just stayed for a beer and headed on as VA and the rest of the gang there were mostly though their meal ... nice place for a glass of wine and some tapas though. Very bizarre toilets :D
all i can remember from my short time there was a load of jammy people in there, and then me and my family walking in - the bogger club.

Forbairt

all i can remember from my short time there was a load of jammy people in there, and then me and my family walking in - the bogger club.

well to be honest once you hit templebar ... it gets jammy / touristy

(we only ever went for fish and chips take away when I was young ... I feel so cheated now) :D

Forbairt

twas such a big cod!

/I'll grab my coat

yes get your coat ... I'm not codding ... this is the wrong plaice for that kinda pun. It really grates on my sole to be honest when I see comments like that on here.

/I'll get my bulldozer ... :D

nevf

yes get your coat ... I'm not codding ... this is the wrong plaice for that kinda pun. It really grates on my sole to be honest when I see comments like that on here.

/I'll get my bulldozer ... :D

No need to be such a periwinkle, I would like you to bass some of your cockle and Pollock stories on really proof. I think you'll find my last sentence to be a right snapper. I'm getting sick of hearing all your Whiting-herrings, and all the rest of the brill that comes with it. I've seen more intelligent pikes than you. Say one more work and I'll mullet you across the face

Status
Not open for further replies.